As a newborn and family photographer, I get a lot of interesting questions. Below I am providing some of the details for which I am asked most often.
1. Do I specialize in a particular style of photography? Yes, I do! I enjoy working with maternity clients, newborn babies, and the families who love them. I am equally comfortable in the studio shooting formal family portraits and on location in the Capital District of New York capturing amazing candid shots of your children.
2. Do I provide props? Yes, I do! I am constantly adding new, cute props, toys, and backdrops to my studio so that I can provide unique and current child and family photography year after year. You are welcome to bring props of your own, of course, but I have plenty.
3. What type of lighting do I use? It depends. When on location at the hospital to capture newborn pictures, I improvise with what is available in natural and supplemental light. I utilize speedlite when necessary on site to get the best photos possible. When on location at your child’s birthday party, Christening, or candid photo shoot, I try to carefully time the photography session to make the best use of natural light and supplement with speedlite as needed. In studio, I have a complete variety of professional lighting to eliminate shadows and capture your family in the best possible light.
4. Who chooses the location? You do, of course! My studio is available to book by appointment, but your birthday party, hospital, church, or other location in the Capital District of New York, (near Saratoga or Albany) is entirely up to you. We can work out the details when you book your newborn, maternity, or family photography session.
5. Will I help you pick outfits and changes for the session? Yes, I do! I will help you choose outfits if you like, but I do not require that you let me “approve” clothing for your child’s portraits.
6. When will I be able to see my pictures? Typically, I can have a preview available for you to view within 72 hours.
7. What should we expect on the day of our session? Depending on the type of photo shoot you choose, you can expect that I will take my time with your child and family. I will dedicate my attention to you for the duration of our time together. If the photography session is on location, I will arrive early and scope out great options for interesting photos. If you are coming to my studio, I will be set up and ready to begin on time.
8. How long have I been in business? Nine years.
9. Do I have repeat clients? Yes, I do! In fact, I have had the privilege of seeing some of my photography clients from the mom’s maternity photo shoot right up to their family photos year after year. They get to know my Ballston Spa Studio well!
10. What happens if I need to reschedule? If we need to reschedule due to weather issues on an outdoor session or if your little one is sick, life happens. I am a mom of four myself, so I understand. I am flexible and we will figure out another plan!